WELCOME TO IOWA VALLEY BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS!
Operated by Iowa Valley Community College District, Iowa Valley Business and Community Solutions (IVBCS) offers educational courses and services throughout Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek and Tama Counties. IVBCS provides hundreds of courses each year … here’s a snapshot of just a few of our popular programs:
- Professional development courses for certification and relicensure of several professional groups (nurses, dental assistants, cosmetologists, and many more).
- Skills training for those wanting to start a new career or increase their skills for a current position (truck driver training, nurse aide, phlebotomist, emergency medical services, welding and more).
- Short-term classes on a wide range of topics, some practical (computer, personal finance or language courses, for example) and some just for fun (arts and crafts, cooking, dancing and much more).
- Summer courses for youths.
- Health and wellness courses.
- Basic education classes for those seeking to earn a high school equivalency diploma (HSED).
- English as a Second Language, Citizenship classes and more for new Iowans and those wanting to improve their basic skills.
- Creative Retirement (whether or not you’re retired), where members enjoy luncheon speakers, classes, and day-long or weekend trips.
- On-site employee training for area businesses and industries seeking to upgrade workforce skills.